Getting started with the Website Design Process:
I offer free initial consultations. If you live in the greater Portland area, we will meet in person. If you are outside of my local area we can do a consultation via phone or Skype.
During this initial meeting you will tell me as much as possible about you and your company. We will talk about your needs and wants, and what your goals are for your website. This will assist me in getting a clear understanding of what you are looking for, and whether I can meet your needs.
Many clients have an idea ahead of time of what they want their finished website to look like. Perhaps you have seen some websites that you like, you can share those with us. While it is nice that you like the way your website looks, the only thing that really matters is that it serves as an effective tool to build your business, and that your target customer likes it, find what they need on it, and finds it easy to use and navigate. My goal is to build a website that appeals to and attracts your ideal customer.
After the initial meeting, I will provide you a firm price quote. This is a fixed price, not an hourly rate. You never pay more than the project price quote, unless you decide to expand the website beyond the scope of the original proposal, or use additional services (such as copywriting) that were not originally contracted. Examples might be cases where the you intended to provide all content, but instead decide to hire Essential Planet for writing content, or other additional features for your site that you did not originally anticipate.
Whatever the reason might be, rest assured that the price never changes without your express permission to proceed.
Once you accept the proposal, we sign a contract. At the time of signing the contract, you pay a deposit of half the estimated price. Once that deposit is received, work on your site begins. You can pay by cash, check or credit card.
What I will need from you
- Your logo
- Your photos / images
- Website Content (the text content for your pages)
- Domain name (your-company-name.com)
- Hosting and Email (if you have already have it, if you do not, I will recommend reliable hosting and help you with the setup)
- Social Medial Links – Provide links to all your social media pages, if you have a social media presence for your company and would like it included and linked to in your site. Examples would be YouTube, Facebook Business Page, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc.
- Contact Manager – If you want a “Subscribe form” on your site, please provide the information for your contact manager such as AWeber, MailChimp, Constant Contact etc.
Once the design of your website begins, I will provide several opportunities for your review and feedback as I work to make your vision a reality.
Once the website is built and you have given your final approval, I will make the site live! Time-frames for website completion typically range from a few weeks to a few months, depending both on the size of the site, and your response time in providing your part of the equation!
I do provide website care plans, which includes full regular backups of your site. Keeping your site safe is important.